Saturday, September 1, 2012

Kids Come Monday!

So this week has just flown by! It was so great getting to meet everyone on my school team, in the district and my grade level team! Everyone is super friendly, helpful and just seem to love their jobs!

I got to meet my kiddos yesterday. They are soo stinking cute! And tiny! Some of them wouldn't even let go of their mom because they were so shy (wonder how long that will last!) I know that they will still present challenges, and that I will get frustrated at the things they can't do, but I'm actually embracing the chance to teach the little ones and have had a fun time getting my class ready for them!

Below you will see one of my bulletin boards for the Daily 5 (In Spanish of course) and my latest project is painting book covers on canvas! (Thanks to a fellow 1st grade teacher at my school's example!) I have done one so far, No, David! A book that I will read to the students the first day of school.

Mark and I have still been making time to do fun things (it's amazing how much a couple hours each day extra can add!)
This past weekend we went to the Minnesota State Fair (biggest in the country!) and I wore my new dress I made (See below) It was really fun, we didn't really do a ton, just walked around for a few hours, admired all the food on sticks, saw an old professor of Mark's, watched a bird show (that was for you Paul) and ate some food (turkey on a stick not worth it, don't do it!)
This week I also got the opportunity to babysit little Maxwell and went for a walk with my one Minnesotan friend (aside from my sister in law of course) and we got to enjoy the super hot weather we were given this past week (In MN "Super hot" is 92.... I'll take it over KC 105).




Other than that the house is pretty much done! Below you will see a picture of our kitchen island, that makes our little kitchen complete. I also included my delicious gluten free donuts I made this morning... because they are fallesque and it makes me excited that fall is now arriving! We are still waiting to furnish our guest room (pending guests to visit) but otherwise we feel very much at home.




Soo excited to see what next week brings! I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment