Friday, October 5, 2012

It's 60 degrees...inside my house!

Well, I'm a Minnesotan now right? So 60 degrees is warm? I guess relative to the high of 49 it was today, as well as the 39 degrees Cici and I just went for an hour walk in ;) Cold scmold, I've been told this is nothing! My brother wants to visit this winter, which I'd love... I just don't think us North Carolinians know what we are in for.

On the bright side it is BEAUTIFUL out right now, fall colors everywhere! It reminds me of fall things, football games, pumpkin foods, trick-or-treating, jumping in leaves, bonfires. I'm excited to experience a new fall thing tomorrow, my friend Julie's WEDDING! Fall brings many great things :)

For example... Fall brings locking your keys in your house and opportunities to enjoy the weather, kind of. Thursday after being out for two days at a conference I woke up early and was excited to get to school earlier than normal to get everything back together after a sub. I was ready quickly out the door, shut it an immediately turned around and tried to open it again...I had locked my keys inside. What happened next? What do you think, I broke down in hysterical tears and called Mark, who was already 30 min away (one way) and 1.5 hours away (the other direction). After frantically running around the house, blubbering to him on the phone for 5 minutes my intelligent self kicked in and a wonderful co-worker came to pick me up. Needless to say, my first graders could have said "Sra. Aronson, act your age!" Luckily while I waited for a ride I was able to enjoy the views of fall....










No comments:

Post a Comment