Friday, February 7, 2014

And in two weeks i'm in my 3rd Trimester!

WOW! What a whirlwind it has been since my last post. I can't believe we are already to February (especially since it is less than 0 outside.... this arctic freeze winter is NOT my favorite).
This month has been very special because of a few different events. First my brother and Susan got married.... and then they had their sweet baby boy Henry! He gave us a little scare and had to be in ICU for a few days but after he learned how to live outside the womb, he has been a little angel :) And my mom has LOVED being here to take care of him! She leaves tomorrow, but she will soon be back for when my little guy decides to make his appearance.


Wedding

Trying to burp a sleeping baby

He makes great faces
In ICU

Burping a sleeping baby

My little guy was kicking like crazy here


Speak of my little guy I am 25 weeks! I can't believe it! I am definitely getting bigger and starting to feel some of the normal pregnancy pains-hips hurt when I sleep, getting sciatica on my right side, pelvic pain, feet hurting..... BUT I'm still loving being pregnant. Sounds so cliche, but it's neat to know that he's always there with me! I don't feel it too often yet, but he kicks throughout the day, and at night I definitely notice when I finally sit down for the evening. Mark even felt it a few days ago.... though he said it was "weird". :) I'm still able to work out ok, doing my Zumba classes and my daily yoga. Hopefully the yoga will keep my body from getting too many pregnancy pains, fingers crossed. Now, if you don't like pregnant belly pictures, do not look at the following, BUT for my own records :) Picture of me at 24 weeks. Yes, I look tired, just woke up on a Saturday, about to go to Zumba.
24 Weeks
With the other man in my life, it was Mark's 30th BIRTHDAY! Yes... I have been giving him a hard time about it for a while, saying he is an old man, but I still celebrated with him by getting tickets to the Timberwolves Game (which they dominated) and then we stayed in a hotel downtown so we were able to walk to dinner, and back to the hotel instead of having to drive ALL the way to Eagan that night :) Needless to say it was a nice little getaway.

Sunset view from our hotel

T-Wolves Scoreboard

A little selfie.... yes our seats were awful

























In every day news, I am still enjoying being a homeowner. We are still slowly furnishing our house and getting things that make it seem more like a "home". In addition, thinking about projects we want to complete before baby comes (like get a freezer/fridge for the garage, and hardwood the main floor). Hopefully we get around to these things, I think we will :)

A funny thing about being almost in my 3rd trimester of pregnancy is that I eat a TON now. I'm always hungry! But I've been trying really hard to keep it healthy, and make sure that what I'm eating is good for me and the baby. Like this berry covered french toast :) I also made some DELICIOUS lentil/beef burritos the other day from a new cookbook I got the "Drop 10 CookBook". No I'm not trying to lose weight but I recommend it just for the quality of food and recipes that are in this book. They use all whole foods, and lots of healthy fats to make delicious filling meals! I also made a Quinoa crusted salmon from there that was delicious as well as a kale pasta dish!

Berry French Toast with banana and nutbutter

Delicious!


















I'm also finding time to craft before baby comes. Made him his first stuffed animal this past week on a "cold" day we had no school for. A sock monkey! I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, just using directions from Pinterest! Not bad for one of my first times using the sewing machine! Thanks again Grandma :)
All the pieces sewed

She helped me stuff him

Reggie is all done!

2 comments:

  1. Great update Sandy. I so look forward to the baby boy to appear in May,





    ReplyDelete