Sunday, March 2, 2014

March is Here!

Huge Icicles! 
March 2nd... the high did not get above 0. I looked at blog posts from last year for the coldest weekend of the winter, I complained about a day that it was 15 degrees.  Then I saw a blog from 2 years earlier... March 12th-60 degrees. What a weird winter!

We got a huge storm a couple of weeks ago. Piling 10-12 inches of snow on top of the crazy piles we already had! Cici was not very happy with it, but we had our first "snow" day here in MN (Not a cold day) So that was enjoyable! The tricky thing is the temperature has not gotten above 12 since the storm, so the roads are just ice sheets, not fun!


Notice how big the snow is in comparison to the dog





This past week was kind of nice because although the temperatures stayed low, the days are getting longer, and I was finally motivated to put away all our winter decorations. Now we have our springtime pictures up, our Easter signs out, green bows for St. Patrick's day, we will wish the Spring to come! I also did some work on the nursery! I put in contact paper in the closet, put together a little bookshelf (and filled it with all our children's books) and organized the few baby items we currently have. 
Puzzle I made for baby's room

Closet

Bookshelf I made




Going home outfit from hospital :)

Mark and I also tirelessly spent one evening putting together our two new bedside tables so they finally match our bedroom set! (and do not have scratches and missing shelves. We also got a furniture for the loveseat in the living room. Slowly but surely we are furnishing this house :)


This week was Susan's birthday so I made cupcakes (actually the cupcakes were for myself... I made her cookies!) And they brought Henry over to visit! He is growing so fast, now about 6 weeks and he's starting to seem more baby-like. He smiles and holds things and focuses on objects around him! The only person who did not like the visit was Cici... Makes us worry for what she'll be like in a few short months!


sorry it's sideways

Cici wanted love
Smiling



Speak of a short few months I am now 28 weeks, In my 7 month of pregnancy. Baby is supposedly around 2 pounds and mostly developed! I hate to be repetitive but I still feel pretty good. I do get tired more quickly (which I realized after spending the weekend in Afton celebrating Marcella our niece's baptism, with 20 of Mark's side of the family) but overall I feel good. I'm still enjoying my morning yoga, going to zumba a few days a week, and even taught a fitness class last weekend! (Though I was VERY sore the next day!) I'm hoping that this means 3rd trimester will just be more of the 2nd???? Though my growing belly tells me otherwise. The solice is that I am really starting to feel sweet baby boy move and enjoying making Mark jump by placing his hand on my belly when it happens. 
28 weeks

1 comment: