Today is Mark and I's 2 year anniversary. The sad thing is I didn't realize it until 2 days ago... Mark said to someone else that it was and I realized amidst all of this craziness of baby, life keeps moving on! I can't believe it was 2 years ago today that it was the HOTTEST day NC had seen and we became husband and wife celebrating with all of our friends and family. Today as I sit here and reflect on that day, it's crazy how different things are: first it's 65 degrees :), 2nd Mark is holding our sweet baby boy, 3rd we are sitting in our own house that we have now owned a year. It's crazy how quickly time flies!
Lately our lives have revolved around a tiny little 9.5 pound boy. I feel as though my schedule is dictated by feedings (I fed him one hour ago, so I have 1 hour to do something... Oh wait, he has to be held, ALL THE TIME) poopy diapers (Oh gosh Mark he just peed on himself! Get the tub ready!) sleeping (he finally fell asleep! Make sure you keep rocking him or he'll wake up) and staring at him (he is the cutest baby we have ever seen).
 |
| First Bath |
 |
| Marcella wants baby |
Although a newborn is obviously lots of work, I don't feel as though I'm "in a fog" like a lot of people say. Maybe we've gotten lucky? I mean we both are home from work which can help us share the responsibilities of a newborn. He is sleeping, ok, usually in 2/3 hour stretches (last night he had a 4 hour stretch!) And he generally doesn't cry unless he's hungry or wants to be held. He's been growing well, feeding great and has encouraged lots of people to come and visit us which has been nice :) And I've been healing. It's definitely been slower than I expected (a 1/2 mile walk is the best I still have yet to do and I still can't sit down on hard surfaces) but I've been listening to my body which will hopefully make things easier in the long run.
 |
| Julie LOVES Dean |
 |
| Oldest Aronson Cousin and Youngest |
 |
| Proud Grandparents |
 |
| Bunking Cousins |
 |
| With Grandma |
Mark jokingly says he feels like he's on house arrest, but in reality I've been amazed at how much we have done with the little one. Our house is actually staying relatively neat (thanks to our anal ways), I made so much food and stored in freezer that I STILL have yet to cook (aside from a carrot cake I made to celebrate Paul's 26th birthday), we've made almost daily visits to home depot as we repair flood damage to the walls of our family room, Mark put together our new grill (YAY for a grill that works!) and I've gotten out of the house probably every other day (yesterday Dean and I went to the Eagan Art Festival!).
 |
| First Grocery Trip |
 |
| 3 Weeks old Grocery Shopping |
 |
| He likes to escape from this one |
 |
| Trusty Carriers help us get around |
Overall the summer is definitely more relaxed than normal but at the same time we are staying sane by doing things we would otherwise want to do. Our one wish is that we could go to the cabin sooner than the end of July (which is our plan with his entire side of the family) so HOPEFULLY Dean will show us he wants to go too by continuing to sleep well at night? We will see. Regardless we couldn't be happier with our little boy. He's a lot of work, but like all parents say TOTALLY worth it. Now for an obnoxious amount of pictures :) ENJOY!
No comments:
Post a Comment