Saturday, January 31, 2015

Living a Healthy Life


I've always been on the moderately healthy side (impossible not to be if you know my "granola" parents. ) And I've found myself trying to find what healthy means to me. Even before becoming a mom, organics were important, I loved to exercise and yoga and mindfulness were important facets of my life. Now that Dean is here I find myself trying to dig deeper into health and figure out what healthy truly means.

Now I want to preface this by saying I don't have all the answers, and what works for me may not work for you. But thanks to my daily commute I have found lots of time to listen to health experts on podcasts. That along with Pinterest and the barrage of emails I get on health from my dad (thanks Jim G! :)) I've found quite a bit of useful information that I think others like me (especially moms) may appreciate!

Today I just want to share some of my favorite podcasts, these are experts in their field, and what I've noticed is they all tend to focus on similar information. After listening to them for the past 2 years, I've made 2 big life style changes 1. Less sugar/carbohydrates 2. No GMO's.  Sure we will delve more into these topics on another date but it's getting late and I have day 2 of an amazing fitness training-Oula dance tomorrow! So for now my favorite new blogs/podcasts

1. Jillian Michaels-an old fave. I recommend her old shows. They are better and less stories about ger life. A lot of information on diet, wellness and exercise .

2. The Wellness Mama- a neat podcast and blogger who integrates important health information with being a mom!
http://wellnessmama.com
3. Underground Wellness - sensing a theme? Each podcast he interviews and expert in the health field

4. The Dr. Axe Show- covers similar topics to 2/3 but from the perspective of a doctor .

That's what I've found for now. What are your favorite podcast/blogs and why!?

1 comment: