Wednesday, April 13, 2016

A momma of TWO boys :)

I have to share my toys with a BOY!?
Well we had our 20 week ultra sound last week, and we finally got to see little baby A. We can't believe at this point we are over HALFWAY with this pregnancy, the 2nd time it flies by so fast!

I have hardly remembered I'm pregnant some days, but this week I'm starting to feel him a little more (not a ton because of an anterior placenta-placenta is taking all his kicks!) and my stomach is really starting to pop!

The ultra-sound told us exactly a what we wanted to hear, baby is 100% developing as expected, and has all his arms, legs and chambers of the heart. He modeled perfectly for us to see his gender and all other body parts, but when the time came to take pictures he buried his head and we only got a few.
Baby Boy A # 2

But of course the thing everyone always wants to know is WHAT IS THE GENDER! Well obviously, he is a little baby boy. It's funny because the moment anyone finds out, I feel like I have to immediately say how excited we are so that they don't feel the need to "feel sorry for me" and start listing all the reasons it's "ok". Before having kids I would have said that having only boys would be my worst nightmare. And I'd be lying if I said that I won't be a little dissapointed if I never get to dress my own in pink, bows and ridiculous dresses; but we really didn't care what the gender of this baby is. Mark and I are ECSTATIC that Dean is going to have a brother: someone he can relate to, share toys and clothes with, talk about girls with and become best friends with. Yes, I love my brother, yes, Mark loves his sisters, but there's something to be said about having a sibling of the same sex too! We are excited to see how this little guy is the same as Dean, and different and curious about whether their interests will be the same or completely different.
He Doesn't Give a Dean

That being said, if I or anyone announces to you that they are having a baby, and it's their second or third or forth and it's the same gender, don't feel the need to "make them feel better". For us, at least, becoming a parent to a healthy baby is the most important thing, gender is secondary. We have loved having baby boy Dean, and even if I will be totally out-numbered (aside from Cici!) I can't wait to welcome our 2nd little boy.

Only problem is now we have to come up with a name....For now I'll just make and eat a whole chocolate cake, by myself :), Ok maybe Dean will helP!

No comments:

Post a Comment