Sunday, April 15, 2018

Spring break...but Spring isn't coming

As I type this, there is 12 1/2 inches of snow outside.... and it's still snowing. They're calling it the April snow that will not be forgotten. And I believe it, I still hear people talk about the "Halloween snowstorm" that dropped a foot back in the 90's. It is pretty, and we had fun going on a sled walk yesterday, and I know 60's degrees is in the forecast.... this too will pass.

Mid-March started with St. Patrick's day and Spring break!



We got to go to Texas and get a little taste of "Spring". The boys were WAY better on the plane than at Christmas, and we made it with one flight! No layover :) In Texas we enjoyed great weather, lots of cousin time, Fortnight (silly pre-teens), parent's night out, thunderstorms and lots of Benny whining... he just wants his Momma!



















When we got back home it was time to celebrate Easter and my birthday! We didn't do anything as special as last year (since it was my 30th), but we got to dye eggs, Easter egg hunt at Nana and Papa's, dinner with family, Pizza Luce for my birthday and free dessert! Mark and the boys surprised me with a waffle maker, flowers and cupcakes and I felt spoiled and loved by all my friends and family!




Daycare Easter Egg hunt 













Birthday Dinner Dressed up
Yummy Dessert

























So now we start Spring with snow.... more snow than April has ever seen.... Here's to hoping the next post is WARM :)







No comments:

Post a Comment