Saturday, November 19, 2011

ONE WEEK OFF :)

No way, we have a WHOLE week off.
Day before break a DISASTER. kids were nuts. But first round of parent teacher conferences went well! Had every parent show up :)

So now I have a whole week of and I'm soo pumped!

So of course I started by coooking. This morning made a delicious breakfast burrito with salsa mexicana:

Salsa: Roast-tomatoes, onion, garlic, olive oil. Blend and add lime, salt and pepper.
Burrito: Grill onion, peppers, tomato, spinach add in scrambled eggs.
-Top a delicious burrito.

Then as a 2nd course delicious gluten free and regular cinnamon buns with the left over icing from my margarita cupcakes this week :)


I've already eaten an embarrassingly amount of my gluten free ones but was able to give away some of the normal ones since Mark won't eat them cause he doesn't like sweets! Love my Allergen free Baker's Handbook.

So I've got 3 more days until we head to Wisconsin to his parent's lake house. I'm guessing more cooking will come, because it's what I love to do!

Leave you with a funny student conversation:

D-Ms. Gerlach did you eat your vegetables when you was a kid?
Me-Yes, I love vegetables, why?
D-Because you be so small!
Me-Actually, I'm just short, that's just how some people are. I love vegetables, I used to be a vegetarian.
D-(with some newfound understanding) Ohhh... so that be why you teach here at Kauffman?
Me-D, I don't think we get each other haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment