So apparently I'm the WORST blogger in the world> I always promise for everyday updates, but apparently my every day is just too busy!
Right now it's starting to get closer and closer to the end of the year which means big changes, wedding, moving, new jobs and life! We are very excited just anxiously waiting interviews and calls from principals! We've spent the past couple of days getting more stuff ready for the wedding and we're feeling pretty good about it. All the attire is planned for now as well as the food and gifts :) We have also booked a hotel in the Outer Banks for the first part of our honeymooon, before we fly to Wisconsin to spend the second half in Lake Superior! (Best of his world and mine )
School is going well, I'm amazed at how far our kids have come. Does that mean they are perfect? No, but I'm feeling confident as we move into state testing that they will be prepared, comfortable and confident in their abilities to score at least 50% proficient school wide (Over 25% higher than the district!)The kids have also grown a lot in their responses and respect to each other and teachers! I remember the beginning of the year it was like watching them with hawks eyes to make sure they didn't turn the wrong way or step out of line, but now they are becoming leaders for each other and want to make sure that they and other people are proud of their school. I still hear the "I hate this school!" At least once a day, but they are middle schoolers, and that is to be expected! All in all I know the majority of them love school, and amazingly enough I find myself looking forward to seeing the students everyday! I will definitely miss both the kids and teachers next year!
In other news tomorrow is my BIRTHDAY :) yay! I'm so excited (25!) Mainly because it's an excuse for me to get excited and enjoy a nice start to my week! It's only a 4 day week and then I'm headed to NC and get to see my family and celebrate a late birthday and easter with them! The following weekend I'm headed to Minneapolis (with Mark) to do a sample teach lesson in a Spanish Immersion school, so that will be first In-person interview. I've had a few over the phone, with a few schools in NC but it seems as though no one is looking for teachers yet!
I think the rest of the year is going to fly by! I'm excited to spend a few weekends in Kansas City hanging out with some people who have become such close friends with me, going to baseball games, city Market, Yogurtini and long walks! Also goin to have the opportunity to head to Boston with my college Suitemates for a Bachelorette weekend as well as a couple of field trips (including an overnight!) with my students! And not to mention I'll have a few visitors, my cousins Lindsay and Katie, as well as anyone else who wants to come by!
For now that's about it! That was a lot of updates since I haven't blogged since NOVEMBER! Still cooking lots and trying new creations for Mark! I'll try and start keeping those more up to date! For now I leave you with Kansas City in the Spring!
No comments:
Post a Comment