Thursday, November 14, 2013

Cici's life is going to Change!

Fall is underway! And we are enjoying a MN warm front :) It got up to 50 today! Mark and I used the nice day to enjoy another wonderful aspect of being a home owner.... raking. We have SO many leaves, we are slightly overwhelmed, and not sure what we will do with all the bags, and are afraid to know how many bags it will take, but it is definitely worth it to have this wonderful home!

The good news about the raking is I FINALLY feel like a human again... so for those who are confused, I have to explain what I felt like before. I'll let Cici say it
Come May, Cici will not be the cutest thing in our lives. Mark and I are expecting a baby! We are VERY excited (and of course a little nervous). I am just happy to be in my second trimester! First trimester was tough. If you didn't see me, or hear from me or I seemed to do nothing, I kind of did! I dropped all my fitness classes, haven't worked out, couldn't cook and went to bed every night around 8. Mark said I was my alter-ego. As opposed to my normal busy self I did a lot of sitting, laying and watching TV.

But NOW, I have more energy again! And I'm not nauseus! And the thought of eating my own food sounds GOOD! :) I still don't really want meat.... but I'm enjoying making other things that remind me of people I love like:

Omelettes, remind me of Wake

Salmon, cornbread and kale

My moms grilled vegetables subs

Cammie's sweet potato deliciousness




































Now of course all these things have been a huge step up from the things like baked lays, doritos and icecream cake I was craving in the 1st trimester.... (yes 5/6 of the cake are still in our freezer! Anyone interested?)
So now that my energy is back, Mark and I are becoming more social beings again. I was able to go apple picking with my sister-in-law Susan (also pregnant :) We went to a wedding and hung out with Mark's parents, spent time with them at the cabin and have been spending time with my other sister-in-law Anne's newborn baby :)

Good Practice!

Pregnant Ladies

Wedding Fun




















So second trimester here I come! I am excited for renewed energy and little baby Aronson to keep growing and start making his/her presence  :)

2 comments:

  1. So excited for you and Mark! Looking forward to seeing you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm feeling very much like a Grandma!

    ReplyDelete