Boy has this week had its ups and downs! I think maybe the pregnancy hormones (YES I AM STILL PREGNANT) may have something to do with it. Or maybe it's the constant wondering "will today be the day?" Or the texts, e-mails, phone calls "DID YOU HAVE THE BABY YET!?" (Don't worry, you will know when it happens!) Or maybe it was hearing that I may not have the exact birth I want. Needless to say poor Mark has come home to a crying wife more this week than he's used to. The moments are fleeting and I quickly recover, but I have found myself extra emotional as this pregnancy comes to an end. (It has to come to an end right?)
 |
| 41 week belly |
I'm currently 41 weeks pregnant and am now being monitored much more often. Yesterday I had a NST (non-stress test) where they monitor baby's heartbeat for 30 minutes. He was active and constantly in 130's, 140's (spiked to 160 when doctor came in). Today we had an ultra sound to check fluid levels and breathing. He passed in 5 minutes (they give them up to 30). We even got some cute glimpses of fingers and toes!
 |
| Cici is ready to protect him already : |
It's funny because his birth is something we've been anticipating and expecting for MONTHS, but on our walk today Mark and I realized seeing his "due date" come and go, has left us unprepared once again. It's like we had been prepping and prepping for this big event, and when it didn't happen.... we thought it was over! But, I have to keep reminding myself he is going to come and soon! If he's not out by Thursday I am going to be induced. I know many people are induced (many choose to be) but I am nervous about it, simply because it wasn't the way I saw it happening. I am hoping for a water birth, as natural as possible, with the majority of laboring to be done at home. But, perhaps baby is teaching me to expect the unexpected and to prepare myself BEFORE labor happens, so that when curve balls are thrown I am more prepared. Or maybe he's just having way too much fun punching me from the inside... Who knows!
Regardless, in 4 (or less!) days, Mark and I are going to get to hold our little boy in our arms. I know this could be some of the LONGEST 4 days of my life, so I'm trying to come up with little projects that keep me busy. Today I made three little burp cloths :) I've pinned quite a few projects that I hope to get started tomorrow and continue throughout the week. And I'm hoping that MAYBE, just maybe, because I've got all these plans made, he's going to say "SURPRISE!" and come tonight (or tomorrow) :) It's all a game in patience, but the day will come. And to all those out there wondering WHEN.... don't worry, We will let you know :)
 |
| Burp cloth |
No comments:
Post a Comment