I write that with a question, because WHO KNOWS when he will decide to show his cute little face. I KNOW it will be cute because my students keep telling me so. "When's that baby coming? 1 week... I bet he will be just SOO cute", "That cute little baby is just pushing his way out of you!" "I can't wait to meet your cute little baby boy!" Needless to say my growing belly is keeping teachers and students alike wondering if I will be at school the next day. Every day I come in I hear "you are still here!" But as Mark likes to remind me, he's not due for another week and a half.
 |
| 38 weeks pregnant |
 |
| Shocked by my belly |
This time has been kind of hard for me because I am starting to have some labor symptoms, cramping, contractions, nausea, etc.... but they come and go, and no baby :) I'm sure when the time is right he will come, but I am quite on the edge of my seat with all these "false" labors. I'll be interested to see what my doctors plan is this Thursday at my appointment because I will be 39 weeks on Saturday, and I know that she doesn't like baby's to go much over a week over due date, so we'll see what plans she has in mind. She has informed me she will be writing me a letter to give to HR that will put me on leave a week early (HOORAY!) So this is my last week at school. I feel ready, good about it and after Friday's celebration of my kids books (a huge first grade project!) I feel as though we've done most of the important stuff for the year!
For now Mark and I are just enjoying our last moments together. I feel as though the nursery is as done as it is going to be (Aside from a little thing my mom is making for the wall). We got our glider put together, our cute little hamper and a parent gave me a little fox hanging for the wall. All his clothes are packed in the hospital bag and we've got the noise machine and dehumidifier all set up and ready!
 |
| Glider and new hamper. |
 |
| Alphabet wall |
 |
| Fox hanging |
 |
| Nesting project wreath-GO DEACS! |
 |
| Tulips and wild flowers growing on front porch |
Last weekend we enjoyed some time with family here (minus my brother who was working :( ) But we had a BBQ at Anne's and they finally got to meet Henry. Marcella loved him, even if she wasn't really sure of how to take care of him. Max was soo excited to see me (it had been a few weeks) He kept hugging me and kissing me and looking at my huge belly. Finally he said " That baby in there is going to be cute! He's a good guy." Yes Max he is a good guy :)
 |
| We were dressed alike |
This week trying to take it easy at work, and just enjoy my students for one last week, and teaching first grade for one last week. Thinking baby will come sometime next week when I finally relax, but WHO KNOWS! :)
Can't wait to meet the little guy!
ReplyDeleteI am so excited for you Sandy! Don't forget to bring a white noise machine with you to the hospital. Great for drowning out all the nighttime noises while you are trying to sleep after baby comes. :)
ReplyDelete